Kitty Horror!


    I woke up this morning to the cat being extra snuggly. As I opened my eyes I was shocked to see a large bloody wound on his neck. I realized that I was now covered in his blood and jumped out of bed to sort out his injuries. Being a cat, however, meant that he didn't want to be caught. Not knowing how bad it was I couldn't risk him being stressed out and losing any more blood so I bribed him to come out.

    As soon as he was within arm's reach I scooped him up and ran to the bathroom where I discovered that he got into my FX kit.

 And that's how Morbo became the greatest FX artist of his generation.
Morbo is a jerk.

    To clarify, I do casualty simulation special effects. A tube of concentrated blood had burst in my kit and spilled everywhere. It was a nightmare. Cleaning was a huge task so I was going through the pieces slowly, de-gore-ing everything bit by bit. After a while the counter was covered in wet little tubs of make-up as well as the ghoulish remains of my beautiful kit, which was still soaked in blood. It was late and I was tired so I took a break and forgot about the mess I'd left behind. The next morning my beloved kitty, Morbo, hopped up on the counter to stroll amongst the stuff I'd strewn about. While exploring he stepped in a big splork of blood. After kicking several things onto the floor he scratched an itch on his neck, smearing blood in the most wonderful way. Being hairless his wrinkly skin held it beautifully. After tromping around my previously "clean" bathroom, leaving tiny bloody cat-prints everywhere, he decided it was time to demand breakfast. If you're reading this you've already read the paragraph above and know how that part played out. :) 

    On discovering that it was just make-up I was so incredibly relieved I didn't even think to take a picture until clean-up was well underway. His face, hands, and feet were the first things to be cleaned before moving on to the biggest smears on the bathroom floor, going back to re-clean his little beans every few minutes. Anyone who has dealt with concentrated blood knows how delicate and difficult cleanup can be. It had to be done in sections or I'd still be dealing with the fallout.

    Afterwards, when thinking about the whole incident, I realized that I reacted to an emergency. As scary as it initially was, I was pretty proud of myself for not losing it when I thought he was hurt. Even though I'm still laughing about the cat playing a wonderfully gruesome prank, I have to admit that I did have a short cry over the brief moments when I believed he was hurt.

Morbo enjoying some sun.
https://www.facebook.com/MorboFishpaw


#catsarejerks  #morbofishpaw #Morbo  #sfx  #kitty  #sphynx  #makeup  #prank


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's A Bundyful Life. ('Twas The Night Before Christmas by Al Bundy)

Exploding Toads?! Damn, Nature!

It's a Long and Dirty Road